Why is this a fabulous day? Let us count the ways.
1. No more Comcast Sports South!
2. The return of the Memphis-Louisville rivalry.
3. Other teams that will be on the regular season basketball schedule: Cincinnati, Georgetown, UConn, Villanova, Notre Dame, Providence and St. John's.
4. The Connecticut women's basketball team will play games at Elma Roane Fieldhouse.
5. The men's basketball tournament will be at Madison Square Garden.
6. It will not be at UTEP.
7. You will not have to watch the tournament's championship game over breakfast.
8. Opposing basketball coaches will never be able to tell recruits, "Do you want to play your road games at East Carolina, Marshall and Southern Miss?"
9. Big East teams won't storm the court every time they beat Memphis.
10. Josh Pastner won't have to figure out new and creative ways to convince people that the conference is any good.
11. A new press box at the Liberty Bowl. That has to be coming, right?