Obviously, the NBA's Western Conference is better than the Eastern Conference. Like, way better (even with the new and improved Celtics...who started Brian Scalabrine the other night?!). But, just HOW much better? Let's take a look.
- Currently, there are only five teams in the West that have a sub-.500 record. The East has ten. TEN! Ten out of the 15 teams in the East have a losing record.
- The Denver Nuggets are currently the eight-seed for the playoffs in the West. If they were in the East, they would be the third seed.
- The Nuggets, technically the "worst" team in the West if the playoffs started today, are 12 games above .500. Again, if the post season began today, the East would would have three teams in it with losing records, including Philadelphia, who is currently 23-30.
- The Washington Wizards are just 25-27. They have been without Gilbert Arenas for most of the season, and now Caron Butler is also sidelined with an injury. They are 3-10 in their last 13 games and just recently snapped an eight-game losing streak. Oh, also, they're the six-seed in the East.
- Finally, poor Sacramento. Currently, they sit 8.5 games out of the playoffs in the West. If only they were in the East -- there, they'd be the seven-seed.