« Wes Welker Offers Halloween Costume Advice | RCS Blog Home Page | Week 9 RCS Fantasy Blitz »

Was Isiah Thomas Not Breathing?

by Ryan Hudson

Late last night, further details came out regarding Isiah Thomas' possible sleeping-pill overdose from last week in the form of the 911 call placed from his house.

A newly released police report indicates the person who called 911 about an overdose at Isiah Thomas' home believed the victim had stopped breathing. The patient's name is redacted from the Town of Harrison report, which was released Thursday night under a Freedom of Information request from The Associated Press.

In the report, a police officer says he went to the former Knicks coach's home in the Purchase section of Harrison around midnight Oct. 23 in response to a report of "(blank) not breathing."

"Upon my arrival I assisted (another officer) who was administering O2 to (blank) lying on the kitchen floor," the report said.

It does not say who made the call.

The accidental overdose victim has still not been identified, but according to the AP report, "...a person familiar with the case, speaking on condition of anonymity because the police report had not been released, confirmed to the AP that it was Thomas."

However, the New York Daily News is reporting that it was in fact Thomas.

Isiah Thomas was not breathing when police found the former Knicks coach and president sprawled on the kitchen floor of his Purchase home last week, according to an incident report obtained Thursday by the Daily News.

According to the report, Harrison police officers responding to a late-night 911 call arrived at Thomas' $4 million home shortly after midnight on Oct. 24 and found a victim unconscious in the kitchen. Thomas' name and other personal information were redacted from the report, which The News obtained after filing a Freedom of Information Act request.

Chief David Hall would not identify the victim but said last week he was a 46-year-old man who had consumed 10 Lunesta sleeping pills. Thomas is 47 years old.

"We closed this investigation Friday," Hall said Thursday. "We deemed it an accidental overdose of sleeping pills. There is absolutely no indication that he tried to kill himself. It was a standard call."

This all comes exactly one week after the news first broke of the incident, and Thomas claimed that it was his 17-year old daughter who had to be rushed to the hospital.