With the deadline very close, these are some deals I'd like to see the Reds make...
- Trade David Weathers-he has value and his contract is up. Might not be back next year. Get something for him.
- Trade Jeremy Affeldt-ONLY if you can't extend him. I would like to see them extend him, but the guy has value, so they should trade him before he walks after this year.
- Trade David Ross-if he has any value. I like David, but really, would the Reds really miss him that much?
- Trade Freel...for obvious reasons
- Trade Jerry Hairston Jr-he has value and I'm afraid he will continue to get hurt. Either that or he'll revert to the stats on his baseball card.
- With these moves, I'd like to call up Josh Roenicke so he can get some valuable big league time.
- Recall Danny Herrera. See above.
- Possibly recall Belisle ONLY for long relief. I don't ever want to see him in the rotation again...unless Josh Fogg gets whacked with a ball again.
Anyone have any other moves? Dunn? Griffey? Arroyo?
Do the Reds stand pat? If so, why? They're not going anywhere this season and they have a lot of free agents after this year. Why not get something for them? Even if it's a "throw-in" like Daryl Thompson.