The Pit Stop

May 9, 2009 1:48 AM

Matt Kenseth takes the race late.

Rain earlier in the day killed qualifying for the Diamond Hill Plywood 200.  This put points leader Kyle Busch on poll for the race.

Turn three does not run like it used to said Brendan Gaughan. "Had a good enough of a racecar when we unloaded," said Kyle Busch. "I think we have a pretty good car," said Ryan Newman. "We have a great car tonight," said Jason Leffler.

Before the race started Carl Edwards was complaining of radio problems with his car.

At turn one of lap one Brad Keselowski spining out with some help from Jason Leffler.  After the green flag again it was not long at all and caution two comes out for the spinning car of Mike Bliss. Mike Scott though wound up with the most of the damage in this incident.

This finally led to a good green flag run where Kyle Busch was in the lead and Carl Edwards was in second place.  With traffic to contend with Kyle Busch lost the lead to Carl Edwards around lap 40.  Then on lap 42 the third caution of the day popped out for debris.

This caution brought in all the leaders and Kyle Busch was able to beat all the cars of pit road to take the lead of the race back again.  Green flag racing though did not last long again and John Wes Townley spins out on lap 49.

This brought out another long green flag run that saw Kyle Busch lead even more green flag laps while Matt Kenseth was in second place.  Carl Edwards though started to drop back and at lap 70 he was down to fifth.

Around lap 80 and Carl was finally able to get his radio working.  Kyle Busch was still leading laps here and putting even more cars one lap down.  Green flag were almost about to occur and the caution came out around lap 92 for Kevin Lapage who smacked the wall really hard.  

The leaders pitted and Kyle Busch won the race off pit road again with Erik Darnell coming out in second.  After the green flag dropped it was not long and the caution came out for the spinning car of Brad Keselwoksi due to a bad tire.

With 41 laps left it was Brad Keselowski brining out the caution again for another spin. Michael Annett also wound up spinning out as well.  It was another short green flag run and it was John Wes Townley smacking the wall hard with only 31 laps left.  Next we had the final long green flag run of the night.  Matt Kenseth was able to move into second place.  Kyle got into some heavy traffic with 10 laps left.   Matt got up right behind him and then with two laps left and Joe Nemechek crashes out with another car.  At this same time Kyle Busch has a flat tire.

This brought in Kyle Busch to replace the tire and put him back in eighteenth.  This also put Matt Kenseth in the lead with Jason Leffler back in second.  The green/white flag drops and Morgan Shepherd quickly brings out the caution to end the race.  Kyle was able to get a couple spots in that ultra short time period.

"Very disappointing," said Jason Ratcliff who was the crew chief for Kyle Busch.

"I knew he(Kyle Busch) had a flat," said Matt Kesneth.  He stated that he did not know what Kyle was going to do due to the green/white checker finish.

"No. He(Matt Kenseth) was really fast, said Jason Leffler and being able to pass Matt.

"Tried so hard to catch Kyle," said Carl Edwards.

With the Kyle Busch tire problems Carl Edwards pull up to only 37 back of Kyle Bsuch for the lead in points.

A Member Of