Qualifying got rained out for the All-Star event for Saturday Night. This wound up putting people on the poll based on the qualifying draw for each driver. Kurt Busch is the poll sitter for the main event while Joey Logano will start second.
Got in the PR for you..
NASCAR Roars into Pocono Mountains
Northeast Pennsylvania Vacation Destination Kicks Off Summer with Race;
Value-Laden, Recreational Options Abound
(POCONO MOUNTAINS, Pennsylvania ) - NASCAR makes its first of two annual stops in the Pocono Mountains with the Gillette Fusion ProGlide 500 on June 6; one of many leisure pursuits available throughout the iconic, four-county destination, close to many East Coast cities.
The Pocono Raceway is surrounded by a wealth of recreational activities for adventure aficionados as well as soothing spas and resorts for those desiring peace and pampering.
While the Pocono Mountains has emerged as a year-round destination, it shines in the summer with a bevy of outdoor options such as the Delaware River for water sports and more than 35 golf courses for all levels of play. A variety of classic, championship layouts from famed designers such as A.W. Tillinghast and Donald Ross proliferate. Challenging mountain landscapes, modern gems and 9-hole courses for beginners and juniors are other alternatives.
Value-laden packages are available at www.800poconos.com and some popular choices are:
- Fernwood Hotel and Resort's Summer Golf Package: Starts at $95 per person, per night and includes hotel accommodations plus one round of golf per person, per night stayed and is available seven days a week. This is based on double occupancy.
- Those looking to experience the raw horsepower of NASCAR can purchase the Stock Car Racing Experience at Pocono Raceway. On Father's Day, June 20, the track is offering three packages, starting at $99, that range from three laps to a 20-mile ride of a lifetime.
- Skytop Lodge and Skyview Spa's Sport Package: For as little as $332, the Sport package includes a Shiatsu/sinus face treatment, 55-minute sports massage and fitness vapor wrap.
- Pocono Whitewater Rafting and Whitewater Challengers are but two businesses offering Dam Release Trips throughout the summer. Ages 8 and up can enjoy protected woodlands and mountains along the Lehigh River Gorge while experiencing Class III whitewater rafting. Trips start around $60 and group discounts are available.
Those interested in finding out more can sign up at www.poconosgolf.com for the Pocono Mountains new, free monthly e-news brimming with exclusive deals and timely information. Designed for valued visitors and potential guests, the e-news also offers an opportunity to win a multi-day, multi-resort trip giveaway.
For more information on the Pocono Mountains , call 800-POCONOS (800-762-6667), visit www.poconosgolf.com or www.twitter.com/poconotourism.
About the " Pocono Mountains : Discover Golf's Great Destination Secret"
The Pocono Mountains has long been known to avid travelers and mountain aficionados for its lush, relaxing family friendly ambiance and romantic setting, as well as its fall foliage, winter skiing, spring-summer outdoor recreation options and natural beauty. Numerous lakes, parks and other environmental wonderlands are found throughout the four-county Pocono Mountains region.
A venerable destination that has welcomed generations of travelers, the Pocono Mountains has undergone a renaissance over the last few years. While renovations have swept through stately and historic resorts, other properties have joined the mix. Gaming at Mount Airy Casino Resort and the award-winning Jack Frost National - named a "Best New" and "Best You Can Play" course by leading industry publications - are two of the many exciting additions.
Attributes of the golf-and-resort properties and destination include:
- Home to more than thirty-five golf courses with hundreds of holes for beginners and avid golfers alike; close proximity gives golfers chance to play 36 in a day
- Two NASCAR races held annually
- Golden Era of Golf Architecture period designs strongly represented by legendary designers Donald Ross and A.W. Tillinghast
- Hiking, biking, camping, spas, horseback riding, boating, fishing, hunting and many other activities
- Attractions, festivals and other special events
- Meeting and conference facilities
- Great food at a wide array of eating establishments and resort restaurants
- Bed & breakfasts, country inns and resorts
- Antique shops, outlet malls and other unique shopping venues