The penalties for having illegal valve stem caps on some tires are:
- 100,000 buck for crew chief Steve Lane
- 150 championship point fine for Travis Kvapil
- 150 point Owners fine for Doug Yates
- Crew chief Steven Lane, car chief Richard Bourgeois and tire specialist Michael Harrold get to sit out the next 12 races.
- They also get to be put on probation until December 31st.
Front Row Motosports is appealing the fine. The 150 point penalty on Travis Kvapil does put him out of the 35 in points and puts Robby Gordon back in the top 35.