Because we know you come here to "satisfy your appetite for attitude," each week the staff at the Grill Room will put together a Monday Menu featuring the finest opinion from the demons of deadline -- sports writers and columnists in every NFL city.
Our menu of choice cuts will offer you spicy perspective on Sunday's winning and losing teams.
If you want baloney and cheese, turn on ESPN and skedaddle. But if you're brave enough to read the writing on the wall, pull up a chair and dig in, while we crack open the morning paper.
In the Grill Room, we still love the newspaper business, even if it hates itself.
(11) Atlanta 19
(21) Miami 7
- The Falcons are still flying high after winging their way into the playoffs a year ago.
- The smell of stinky fish littered the Georgia Dome Sunday. At least the bus left on time.
(31) Kansas City 24
- QB Joe Flacco was Heaping praise Sunday on one of the Ravens most reliable veterans.
- The good, the bad, and the ugly: Kansas City was tough to figure after its roller-coaster loss to the Ravens.
(15) Carolina 10
- The Eagles were soaring on Sunday, until QB McNabb's injury brought them closer to earth.
- This Fox better get sly quick, if he wants to continue guarding his hen house.
(17) Cincinnati 7
- The Broncos were shouting, "Amen!" Sunday after their prayers were answered in the final seconds
- The hapless Bengals topped even themselves with this beauty of a loss.
(30) Cleveland 20
- The Vikings were playing Brian's song in their rout of the Browns on Sunday.
- Cleveland will tell you that Viking RB Adrian Peterson's performance was just sickening.
(12) Houston 7
- Rookie QM Mark Sanchez looked like a working Joe in his dandy debut.
- It's Ground Hog Day in Houston, where they've seen plenty of bad beginnings.
(25) Jacksonville 12
- Rookie coach Jim Caldwell proved Sunday he is the Colts' decider.
- Fact is, the Jaguars' one-man attack remains offensive.
(32) Detroit 27
- QB Brees led his Saints to sloppy seconds, thirds, fourths...against the beleaguered Lion defense.
- QB Stafford shows all hope isn't lost, even if his new team just keeps losing.
(29) Tampa Bay 21
- Wonder Boy returns with some neat, new weapons.
- The Bucs have big problems, but quitting isn't one of them.
(10) Arizona 16
- The 49ers showed they are prepared to be like Mike.
- San Francisco's play in the fourth quarter leaves Warner at the bottom of Hill.
(19) Washington 17
(22) Seattle 28
(27) St. Louis 0
(16) Green Bay 21
(14) Chicago 15
(*) Denotes the Grill Room's NFL 100-PROOF RANKING
(Associated Press photo)